Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My first shipment arrived at the customer!

Okay... what an annoying hasse and a lot of worry because of this delivery. I mean: One thing is to realize how much it costs to send anything registered, that customs might interfere (doh!) etc., but with 12 days to deadline and a track & Trace number, I was genuinely feeling confident that it would arrive at the customers at the latest on the 28th (as promised), when I shipped it off the 16th.

It did - as I found out today, but the Track & Trace... well... let's just say that the USPS hasn't been impressing me very much on this matter. I was told that the envelope would principally arrive at the US border the day after it had been sent from DK, leaving plenty of time to get it through the States to the customer. As it turns out -it did. However, this information didn't surface before around the 23rd! What a sinking feeling to wait for this information. Yesterday it still informed me, that

Inbound International Arrival, October 17, 2009, 3:15 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

PANIC!!!

And today, all of a sudden, USPS tells me that it arrived (Washington area, so not THAT far from NY) on the 26th -snugly to be gifted on the 28th after all. What a relief!

So, my initial shipping virginity now taken, I'm ready for the next, possibly toying with DHL, UPS or some other company. Now, start buying, dagnamit!

No comments:

Post a Comment